PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
Who we are:
HFX Technologies and HFX Training are brands of Heathfield Consulting, EIRELI. Heathfield (referred to also as “HFX”, “Us”, “Our” or “We”) is the Controller of your Personal Data collected through www.hfxtechnologies.com, www.hfxtraining.com and courses.hfxtraining.com (referred to as the “websites”).
What does this statement cover:
This Privacy Statement covers our treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that we gather when you access/use our sites or services.
What information we collect:
We may collect various types of personal data about you for the purposes described in this Policy, including:
- Contact information (such as your name, company, role, location, email address and any other personal data) that you provide by completing forms on the websites, including if you request a demo, submit a contact request, complete a form or otherwise register and create an account on the websites;
- Personal data that may be contained in communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the websites or their content;
- Other personal data that you share voluntarily with our sales team;
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct on the websites for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Information about your use and navigation of our websites, such as your IP address and other device identifiers, your operating system and browser type, and information about the pages you visit on our websites, collected by cookies or other tracking technologies;
- We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with us, including the pages accessed and links clicked, how you navigate to and from the HFX websites and content (such as how you scroll over the websites and content, which parts you click and how long you spend on each page), your preferences, the products and/or services that you have viewed or searched for, crashes and download errors and response times;
- Personal information collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on publicly accessible social networks (e.g., LinkedIn etc.) and/or that we may collect from other publicly accessible databases.
- Details of any transactions made by you; and
- Credit/debit card information
Why we collect it:
We process your personal data to provide Services, personalize content, remember information to help you efficiently access your account where relevant, analyze how the Services are used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security, to improve the Service and to help us develop new products, services and features.
If you are not our client and but have sent us an inquiry, your data will only be stored in our inbox and you will not be signed up to any of our marketing or course support lists.
We take great care to make sure that your data is processed according to law and to make sure that your data is protected against being lost, accessed by unauthorized individuals, revealed or improperly used.
What information will we share, with whom and why
To the limited extent we collect Personal Information – we neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
We may share your information with third-party service providers who may use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, and training and analytics software providers.
We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights:
We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Heathfield Consulting.
Third-party service providers and Security
We use third-party service providers, that may collect and process your data in order to provide you with the services. Those third-party service providers allow us to use their products (platforms, systems) so that we can run our business and provide you with the best service.
Your data may be transferred to other countries and by using our websites, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence. If you are located in the European Union, we may store and share your personal data with companies located outside of the European Economic Area. If you are located in the US, we may store and share your personal data with companies outside of the US.
We will always do our best to ensure security of your data. We aim to use US and EU-based providers that work in accordance with GDPR or are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. You may always request information on how and where your data is processed and stored.
Cookies are mainly text files that are stored on your devices (computers, tablets, phone) and can be read by our systems to adjust the display to your device and your preferences.
- Adjust the content of the website to your preferences and to optimize your experience when you are visiting our websites
- Create statistics that help us understand how users are using our website in order to better the content and look and feel of our website for our audience
- Remember your location
- Use the interactive features to promote our services on our social media
We use different types of cookies on our websites
- Persistent cookies – these files stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser
- Our own cookies – files placed on our website by us
- Third-party cookies – cookies files placed on the website from third-party providers to provide the anonymous statistics e.g. Google Analytics. During your first visit on the website a pop-up box will inform you about the cookies on the website. If you don’t agree to the cookies policy, please leave our website immediately.
- On our website we also give you the opportunity to use the social media functionalities like sharing content or liking our profiles. While you are using those features the cookies from those social media providers are activated. They include YouTube and LinkedIn.
- You will also find YouTube and Vimeo recordings on our website. When you play them you activate Googles and Vimeo cookies.
Cookies do not store nor process any of your personal data. The cookies technology is not used to identify users nor to acquire their data and any data collected is not associated with any specific person browsing the websites.
Some data about user behavior may be stored on the server layer. This data is used only to manage the services and to make sure the quality of the hosting is at its highest.
The cookies recognize the following: URL address, your browser type, IP, device type, operating system, your display settings, depth of colors on your display.
Your internet browsers are designed to allow cookies by default. If you don’t want to allow cookies you can change your preferences in your browsers’ settings. You will find information on how to do so in your browser’s help section. If you decide to restrict the use of the cookies on your browsers, some functionalities of some websites (including our website and our courses platform) may not be delivered to you properly and may worsen your user experience.
You have the right under this Privacy and Cookies Policy to:
- Request access to your Personal Data
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your Personal Data
- Object to processing of your Personal Data
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data
- Withdraw consent
You can exercise your rights by managing your subscriptions, deleting your accounts and/or contacting us at email@example.com. We’ll process your request as soon as possible.
Changes to privacy statement
Questions or concerns