HFX Training is now offering its unique business acumen training program directly to the healthcare industry.
Based on our tried-and-tested hospital management simulation, Healthcare Hero (already used to great effect by leading academic healthcare management programs), our training is designed to improve your executives’:
- Business acumen in an dynamic, competitive landscape
- Data-driven decision-making skills in the face of healthcare and economic crises
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate with different departments
To help us refine our approach to delivering training programs directly to the healthcare industry, we are offering this program to interested hospitals and health systems.
This program can be delivered in three formats:
- In-person workshops tailored to your company
- Online workshops tailored to your company
- Online participation in one of our scheduled programs for individual executives
Who it’s for:
In our conversations with c-suite executives of hospitals and healthcare systems, we have identified some common executive training pain-points:
- Developing business acumen in clinicians that have moved (or expect to move) to managerial and executive roles
- Developing cross-functional understanding and cooperation between managers from different departments
- Improving executives’ strategic decision-making capabilities in the face of healthcare crises and economic and competitive pressures
If you identify with these pain-points, read on…
What to expect:
Our Healthcare Hero simulation places participants at the helm of one of multiple competing fictional hospitals.
Over eight to twelve rounds — with each round representing a quarter of business operations — participants must make strategic decisions about how to best serve patients while managing hospital staffing, capacity, quality, and financing requirements — all in the face of an uncertain environment.
The aim of the simulation is to outperform the competing hospitals managed by other participants in the simulation, while navigating healthcare and economic crises and satisfying the needs of multiple stakeholders.
The training will start with an introductory session, where participants will meet the instructor, optionally form teams, and submit decisions in the first of three practice rounds. The simulation will then be ‘zeroed’, and the simulation will then start in earnest!
At the conclusion of the simulation, the winners will be revealed, and the participants will deliver feedback on their key takeaways, assessing:
- Where they did poorly
- Where they did well
- Who was their strongest competitor, and why
- How they would change their approach if they went through the simulation again
- How they can apply what they learned from the training program to their current or future roles
With the training delivery being centred on simulation ‘rounds’, for larger deliveries, we can adapt the program’s timetable to the availability of your executives. Typically our simulation-based training programs are delivered either via:
- Intensive 2-3 day in-person workshops.
- Extensive program delivered remotely over weeks or months, starting and closing with live zoom sessions, and running one to three rounds of the simulation per week
- Some blend of the above
We also run regular, scheduled online programs, which are ideal for individual executives, MHA students, or healthcare companies with smaller training requirements.
To learn more:
To learn more about how we can help you with your training needs, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.