Are you a hospital or health system executive:
- Looking to enhance your team’s ability to adapt to health care crises and economic and competitive pressures?
- With clinicians needing to develop their business acumen, perhaps as they transition to administrative roles?
- Looking to improve cross-functional and interdepartmental cooperation between administrators from different departments?
- Seeking executive training solutions that are flexible, engaging and impactful?
If so, then read on…
For the first time, HFX is offering its unique simulation-based executive training directly to the healthcare industry. Based on our tried and tested hospital management simulation, Healthcare Hero (already used to great effect on leading academic healthcare management programs), our training is designed to improve your executives’:
- Business acumen
- Decision-making skills in the face of healthcare and economic crises
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate with different departments
- All in a risk-free and learner-friendly environment
To help us refine our approach to delivering training programs directly to the healthcare industry, we are offering a limited number of free pilot programs to the US hospitals or health systems that we assess will benefit the most from it.
To learn more about eligibility for the program, read on…
What to expect:
The training, based on our Healthcare Hero simulation, puts your learners at the helm of one of multiple, competing fictional hospitals. Over eight to twelve rounds – with each round representing a quarter of business operations – participants must make strategic decisions about how to best serve patients whilst managing hospital staffing, capacity, quality and financing requirements, in the face of an uncertain environment. The aim of the simulation is to outperform the competing hospitals managed by other participants in the simulation, whilst navigating healthcare and economic crises and satisfying the needs of multiple stakeholders.
The training will start with an introductory session, where your learners will meet the instructor, form teams, and submit decisions in the first of three practice rounds. The simulation will then be ‘zeroed’, and the simulation will then start in earnest!
At the conclusion of the simulation, the winning team will be revealed, and the participating learners and their teams will deliver presentations on their key takeaways, assessing:
- Where they did poorly
- Where they did well
- Who was their strongest competitor, and why
- How they would change their approach if they went through the simulation again
- How they can apply what they learned from the training program to their current roles
With the training delivery being centered on simulation ‘rounds’, the timetable of the training can be adapted to suit the timetable and availability of your executives. Typically our simulation-based training programs are delivered either via:
- An intensive 1-3 day workshop
- An extensive program delivered over weeks or months, starting and closing with live sessions, and running one to three rounds of the simulation per week.
- Some blend of the above.